Buckeyes ready to graduate on Sunday – Ohio State Buckeyes
Columbus, Ohio- On Sunday, 194 current and former Ohio State student-athletes will receive degrees from the University. The start will take place at noon at Ohio Stadium and will be streamed HERE.
Spring 2022 Ohio State Graduate Student-Athletes (PDF)
Four Buckeyes — Jordan Fuller and Carlos Snow from football, Tre Gantt from baseball and Luisa Schirmer from the women’s volleyball program — were part of the athletic department’s graduation program.
Graduates include Olympians, a Super Bowl champion, All-Americans, and national and conference champions, highlighted by…
- Adelaide Aquilla, 2020 Olympian in shot put and 2021 NCAA and Big Ten Indoor and Outdoor Shot Put Champion. She was the field athlete for the Big Ten Indoor (2021, 2022) and Outdoor Championships (2021) and Field Athlete of the Year and is a five-time All-American in the shot put.
- Jordan Fuller, a three-year starter and two-time team captain for the football Buckeyes who won a National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame scholarship. He was drafted in the sixth round by the Los Angeles Rams and won a Super Bowl last season, serving as one of the Rams’ team captains.
- Seven members of the 2022 NCAA champion women’s ice hockey team will graduate. The group includes Andrea Braendli, the winningest goaltender in the program’s history and a 2022 Beijing Olympian, and Sophie Jaques, the 2022 Arthur Ashe Scholar of the Year in Women’s Sports and the Patty Program’s first runner-up. Kazmaier Top 3 who recorded the second most points in a season by a defenseman in NCAA women’s hockey history.
- Mac Podraza of the women’s volleyball team, who was on the 2022 Collegiate Women’s National Team and earned AVCA All-America Third Team honors in 2021 after honorable mentions in 2020. She was also a two-time all regions and all conferences. honored.
- Jacy Sheldon, an 2021-22 AP Honorable Mention All-American and 2021-22 WBCA Regional Finalist for the Women’s Basketball Coaches All-America Team. A member of the 2022 Buckeyes Big Ten Regular Season Championship Team, she was selected to the 2021-22 All-Big Ten First Team following second-team honors in 2020-21.
- Fencer Camilla Rivano was a four-time All-American and finished a career-high tie for third at the 2022 NCAA Championships. She was also a three-time conference champion and a four-time all-conference draft pick.
- Male gymnast Jesse Tyndall, a 2021 All-American in the all-around selection and two-time All-Big Ten first team.
- Diver Joey Canova, the 2021 Big Ten champion in the 3-meter dive, will graduate, as will four-time Big Ten women’s swimming champion Kristen Romano, who will compete at the World Championships for Puerto Rico this summer.
- Four members of the 2022 National Synchronized Swimming Championship team are graduating – Camryn Carrasco, Cassie Neeley, Haley Watson and Paula Luis.
- Pistol team’s Samuel Gens, who earned multiple All-America first-team honors and was part of three national championship teams, as well as winning an individual national title in 2019.