Congratulations, graduates: Milligan University awards more than 250 degrees on Saturday | WJHL
JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee (WJHL) – The new month drew hundreds of new graduates on Saturday morning as Milligan University awarded more than 250 degrees to its May 2021 graduates.
The diplomas included the following:
- 30 Bachelor of Arts degrees
- 108 BSc
- 18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- 7 bachelor’s degrees in social work
- 1 Master of Arts in human sciences
- 15 master’s degrees in business administration
- 7 master’s degrees in education
- 2 Master of Science in Counseling
- 1 Master of Science in information systems
- 25 Master of Science Degrees in Medical Assistant Studies
- 3 Master of Arts degrees in religion
- 10 Master of Arts Degrees in Christian Ministries
- 17 master’s degrees in theology
- 3 degrees of doctorate in ministry
- 6 Doctor of Education diplomas
Graduates were given the opportunity to walk on stage during Saturday morning’s ceremony at the TVA Credit Union Ballpark, where masks were required for all participants to follow Milligan’s safety protocols.
We are extremely proud of our graduates and look forward to recognizing their successes with their classmates and families. After such a difficult year, the achievements of our graduates are certainly worth celebrating. Our COVID-19 safety protocols created a unique experience for the Class of 2021. These protocols will continue to be followed at this event, which will be Milligan’s first debut to stand on a baseball field.
Milligan President Dr Bill Greer
A graduate recapped the hardships experienced as a student throughout the pandemic.
“University is difficult anyway; you are going through a lot of hardships, especially with a pandemic, ”said Student Government President Dalton Shell. “Our students lived more than anyone could have imagined when we started in fall 2017.
“So I think everyone is just thrilled – just happy that we can get together one last time.”
From all of us at News Channel 11, a big thumbs up to Milligan’s Class of 2021!