Elon Falls in Charleston on Tuesday
ELON, North Carolina – Elon University Women’s Tennis fell in a close match against Charleston, 5-2, on Tuesday, March 15, in Charleston, SC
– Olivia Archer paved the way for Elon, beating Clara Errard 6-3, 6-1 in singles No. 6. The win marked Archer’s 10th team leadand of the season and was his eighth victory in his last nine outings.
– Julie Ball won her second straight match, finishing Kate Earnhardt 6-0, 7-6 in fourth place. With the win, Ball moved to 8-4 overall on the year and 7-4 at No. 4.
– Lizette Reding got off to a good start by winning the first set against Halli Trinkle 6-0. Trinkle fought back from there winning the second set 6-4 before claiming an eventual win in the deciding third set, 6-2.
– After falling in the opening set 6-2 and 6-4 respectively, Sibel Tanik and Victoria Saldh each held the lead in the second set and nearly forced a third before falling 7-5.
Elon returns to action on Friday, March 25, when he hosts Norfolk State in a 2:30 p.m. match at the Jimmy Powell Tennis Center.
1. Slade Coetzee (COFC) defeated. Sibel Tanik (ELON) 6-2, 7-5
2. Halli Trinkle (COFC) defeated. Lizette Reding (ELON) 0-6, 6-4, 6-2
3. Maja Jekauc (COFC) defeated. Victoria Saldh (ELON) 6-4, 7-5
4. Julie Ball (ELON) def. Kate Earnhardt (COFC) 6-0, 7-6
5. Elizabeth Nowak (COFC) def. Alison O’Dea (ELON) 6-2, 6-2
6. Olivia Archer (ELON) def. Clara Errard (COFC) 6-3, 6-1
1. Halli Trinkle/Slade Coetzee (COFC) def. Sibel Tanik/Lizette Reding (ELON) 6-2
2. Clara Errard/Kate Earnhardt (COFC) def. Victoria Saldh/Julie Ball (ELON) 6-2
3. Elizabeth Nowak/Maja Jekauc (COFC) def. Alison O’Dea/Olivia Archer (ELON) 6-3
Finishing order: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (6,5,1,4,3,2)