Ujana Afrika to sponsor girls for certificate courses in 10 counties
Ujana Africa is a youth-led non-profit organization that aims to be champions of TVET and a global agent of education reform among young people. The organization works in collaboration with industry, government and academia through advocacy, education and research.
Ujana Afrika is currently enrolling young girls in its flagship program, # roadtoskilling100girls at the local level to take certificate courses in TVET institutions for two years. The program will focus on ten counties, Isiolo, Kiambu, Kajiado, Kakamega, Kisumu, Kitui, Machakos, Mombasa, Nairobi and Samburu.
Applicants interested in a desired technical or vocational course pursued at technical and vocational colleges in their county are eligible.
How the stock market works
1. This is a partial scholarship which only covers tuition fees, the scholarship does not cover accommodation, transportation or food once enrolled.
2. The registration fees are paid by the student to KUCCPS. The first registration costs Ksh. 1,500 while the overhaul costs Ksh. 1,000.
3. Students who continue are not viable for the scholarship.
4. Students from 2018 can register on the KUCCPS portal for a first placement in the course of the TVET institution of their choice.
5. Ujana Afrika does not select a course of interest, once the system confirms that they are eligible, the student proceeds to submit an application and payment.
6. Road to skill 1000 girls is strictly for girls.
7. Other counties should be applied. Emphasis and priority will be placed on the listed year1 counties.
8. The scholarship is not limited to certificate courses, applicants for Diploma, Crafts and Artisans are encouraged to apply
9. Applicants who join TVET institutions from enrollment in KUCCPS will be eligible for the scholarship.
10. There is no age limit for the application.
Successful applicants for the scholarship will be expected to participate in Ujana Afrika’s mentoring program in order to harness their soft and leadership skills.