Viking Lodge vaccination policy – Portland State University Athletics
In early October, Portland State University announced new health and safety practices and protocols for in-person events taking place on campus, including sporting events. You can read the University’s announcement in full here.
The health and safety of our fans, student-athletes and staff continues to be a top priority for Portland State Athletics. We are delighted to welcome students and supporters back to the Viking Pavilion again, but we want you to be aware of upcoming changes to the fan experience based on the new University policy developed in consultation with local health authorities.
- Starting October 23, all non-PSU participants aged 12 and over who plan to attend games at the Viking Pavilion event will be required to show proof of vaccination, including a CDC-issued vaccination card ( or a photo of the card) and a corresponding ID.
- Instead of a vaccination card, participants can also view documentation of a negative COVID test in the past 48 hours to enter.
- Since students and current PSU employees must already have proof of vaccination, PSU participants will be required to present their PSU ID to attend events in the Viking Pavilion.
- Participants under the age of 12 will not be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative test.
- Fans who have pre-purchased tickets, but choose not to comply with PSU regulations, can request a refund at the box office.
- Please note that this policy only applies to games played indoors at the Viking Pavilion (volleyball, men’s basketball and women’s basketball), not for our outdoor games played at Hillsboro Stadium (football, soccer and softball), nor for the Big Sky Cross Country Championship held at the Meriwether National Golf Course.
Masks will continue to be mandatory for spectators 5 years and older at all competitions, regardless of location, in accordance with the statewide mandate.
As a reminder, the health and safety protocols detailed above will be evaluated regularly and are subject to change under the direction of Portland State University and local public health authorities. We will notify fans when health and safety protocols are adjusted.
Thank you for your understanding and support. We look forward to seeing you again in the stands of the Viking Pavilion!