Wyer strikes in overtime for a 1-0 result at the Ursulines
PEPPER PIKE, Ohio – Marie-Kate Wyer scored in the 95th minute to give Cedarville a 1-0 win over G-MAC at the Ursulines.
The Lady Jackets tied their overall record at 2-2-1 and are 2-0 in the conference.
Emily hansen delivered a long ball just past midfield to the top of the penalty area.
On the run, Sara olivarez redirected the pass to a wide open Wyer who kicked the ball into an open net ten yards away.
Cedarville dominated the game statistically, edging the Arrows 29-8 on aggregate and 11-4 on goal.
Brooke Ackley made four saves in what was his second straight 1-0 win.
Quote: The Head Coach Jonathan meade:
“I want to congratulate the team for staying patient and disciplined. We never gave up and kept working the ball until we got the goal. It took a full team effort today. hui. “
- Wyer’s goal was his first of the year and the ninth of his career.
- The Jackets have recorded shutouts in three of their last four outings.
- The defense has a streak of 188 consecutive scoreless minutes.
- CU’s last three games were played in the 86th, 85th and 95th minutes.
- The Lady Jackets lead the series all-time, 12-8-4.
- Ursuline visits for the annual Homecoming game on October 2.
@CUVestes | Fans can also follow Cedarville University Athletics on Twitter | Instagram | Facebook